POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My boats : Re: My boats Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My boats
From: clipka
Date: 27 Mar 2010 19:01:27
Message: <4bae8e47$1@news.povray.org>
jhu schrieb:
> Here's an update with changes in texture layout and an isosurface rock.
> Isosurface sure slows things down a lot.

Looks like it's worth it though.

As for the other changes, I'm not sure what to think of them:

- The holes for the "plug-ins" appear too prominent to me; I'd actually
bevel the holes' edges, while making them tight enough that the holes
themselves aren't actually seen.

- The beveling radius of the chimney seems a bit too large in my eyes. I
think this needs very subtle tweaking.

- I think the new wood surface texture doesn't look too good; seems like
you tried to achieve blurred reflections, but the noise is too prominent.