POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : M13 Machine Gun Bullet Links : Re: M13 Machine Gun Bullet Links Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: M13 Machine Gun Bullet Links
From: clipka
Date: 24 Mar 2010 08:28:05
Message: <4baa0555$1@news.povray.org>
Dave Blandston schrieb:
> These are 7.62 x 51 mm rounds, which are what the M13 links are made for. The
> textures are from metals.inc. Now that the objects are finished I'll start
> working on better textures to match the rest of the actual scene.
>
> As always, comments and criticisms are welcome.

Excellent job with the links' CSG; I know how difficult things can get
with such curvatures. In such a close-up view, the links need beveling
though (yeah, I know that'd be a PITA to do ;-)).

I think the casing looks more convincing now that you went for brass.
For a better effect, I recomment trying some blurred reflection though.
For the bullets a polished look seems ok to me, but not so for the
casing. (Then again, if you plan to show the bullets at way smaller
size, it probably doesn't matter much.)