POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making Planets : Re: Making Planets Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Planets
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 9 Mar 2010 15:24:19
Message: <4b96ae73@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the nice comments.  Here's another, larger render.  This one
I rendered with beta 35, and the media seems to have rendered quite
substantially different.  I had to do some post-processing to make up
for it.

In case you were curious, the land forms are an isosurface based on
F_ridged; the ocean is a transparent sphere with colored fade statements
in the interior.  I used two separate spheres with media--one for
general atmosphere and another for clouds.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blueplanet2.jpg' (114 KB)

Preview of image 'blueplanet2.jpg'