POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Citify : Re: Citify Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Citify
From: stbenge
Date: 8 Mar 2010 13:37:07
Message: <4b9543d3$1@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:
> Apologies if you're seeing a double-post, I just stepped on the network
> cable, unplugging it  while it was sending and evidently outlook-express
> overcompensated when I plugged it back in :(

Lol, sounds like something I'd do. Usually for me it's the headphones
and gamepad...

> I've tried to delete it but I suspect it's just deleted it locally, which is
> dumb.

When I saw the double post, I was expecting a night render too :)

> Not having much luck with the internet these days ;)

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face this morning! I shouldn't laugh
at others' misfortune, but really, it's something that could easily
happen to me too :D

Nice render, BTW. I've thought of various "citification" methods myself.
One involved evaluating a binary pattern (cells), and placing building
objects (housing units, if you will) according to what was perceived as
being an edge, corner, etc. It was based on that Near Infinity game demo
I released a while back. It worked, but the sameness of all the houses
was somewhat discouraging.

Sam