POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Citify : Citify Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Citify
From: Tek
Date: 7 Mar 2010 21:03:05
Message: <4b945ad9@news.povray.org>
Here's something else I was working on over the last few weeks. It started
as an idea for the Vistas round of the IRTC, but I didn't get my net
connection working until after the deadline, and anyway I think this needs a
bit more work before I do any serious images with it.

The algorithm basically converts any shape into a building, and it's
possible to detect special cases hence one of these buildings has curved
corners, and the other one has doors wherever they can open onto the roof of
the floor below. There's a lot of different rules that could be handled with
special cases like this, I'm developing a few styles of building, hoping to
get a few styles that are photo-realistic (or as near as I ever get) so I
can then very easily sculpt impressive buildings without much effort!

The algorithm's still in development, I'm currently making it easier to
define a building style, but when it's ready I'll share the source.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'citify1.jpg' (254 KB) Download 'citify2.jpg' (141 KB)

Preview of image 'citify1.jpg'
citify1.jpg

Preview of image 'citify2.jpg'
citify2.jpg