POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lens flare in scene : Lens flare in scene Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Lens flare in scene
From: Tek
Date: 7 Mar 2010 06:29:01
Message: <4b938dfd@news.povray.org>
I've had no internet at home for the last 2 months, but that doesn't mean I
haven't been povving! This is something I came up with a few weeks ago. I'm
probably not the first person to attempt this, but I decided to experiment
with lens flare/bloom effects without any post-processing.

The trick is there's a mirror behind the camera with multiple normal maps
blended together (by averaging the texture), and another mirror just in
front of the camera that's part-reflective part-transparent. The transparent
part lets us see the scene, the reflective part shows the mirror behind,
which reflects multiple rays to trace all the samples needed for lens flare.

This is a ludicrously elaborate way to do things, and makes a simple scene
take AGES to render, but it's kind of fun to play with these things :)

I'll post an animation in p.b.a and source in p.b.s-f shortly...

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'lens_flare_in_scene.jpg' (36 KB)

Preview of image 'lens_flare_in_scene.jpg'
lens_flare_in_scene.jpg