POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hour Glass WIP : Re: Hour Glass WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hour Glass WIP
From: Stephen
Date: 22 Feb 2010 15:20:05
Message: <4b82e6f5$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback wrote:
> "Stephen" <mca### [at] aolDOTcom> wrote in message

>> line with the horizon. I wonder if changing the orientation of the scene

> thanks for the tip ... I'll give that a try!
>

>> one block through to another. You can add a degree of randomness (if you

> ha-ha ... yes the texture was just a quick and dirty effort for now,
> I have a little random routine that I had not cloned from another scene yet!

random variation to the objects, for a while. Also a tab to translate
the texture would be useful.

>> Nice modelling BTW. Is the shape of the hourglass from RL?
>
> yes ... it WAS in the shop last year and didn't sell. I liked it so it's on
> my desk now ;-)

attractive, though.

> I'm having a good time with Bishop and I like it. Modelling in general is
> hard and it takes a lot of patience.

countryman StephenS, guiding its development. Wait until you try the
animation features ;)

> I've also had to get in the habit of
> saving more often especially when I finally get something looking like I
> want.

Hint: When you save a scene the last save is renamed as MyScene.bak, so
you can revert by renaming the extension to .bsp. Also, I like the Undo
Multiple feature.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen