POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hour Glass WIP : Re: Hour Glass WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hour Glass WIP
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 22 Feb 2010 12:14:37
Message: <4b82bb7d@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mca### [at] aolDOTcom> wrote in message

> line with the horizon. I wonder if changing the orientation of the scene

thanks for the tip ... I'll give that a try!

> one block through to another. You can add a degree of randomness (if you

ha-ha ... yes the texture was just a quick and dirty effort for now,
I have a little random routine that I had not cloned from another scene yet!

> Nice modelling BTW. Is the shape of the hourglass from RL?

yes ... it WAS in the shop last year and didn't sell. I liked it so it's on
my desk now ;-)
I'm having a good time with Bishop and I like it. Modelling in general is
hard and it takes a lot of patience. I've also had to get in the habit of
saving more often especially when I finally get something looking like I
want.

Jim