POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sluice : Re: sluice Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sluice
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 22 Feb 2010 03:07:08
Message: <4b823b2c$1@news.povray.org>
"stbenge" <UN### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> Is there still some gold left?  :)
>
> Yes, there is quite a bit of gold left. The current town my brother and I
> are prospecting is said to still have 70% of its placer deposits intact.
> When we checked it out the other day, I was seeing color in every pan I
> tried, which is a good sign.

Interesting. I thought that most had been dug by the end of the 19th
century, ending the gold rush. But then, I am no expert at all  ;-)
I suppose that all placers have not been exploited and erosion is uncovering
new sites.

> When the sluice is finished we'll be able to retrieve gold at a much
> faster rate than panning alone. With gold prices the way they are, it
> looks like we'll be able to make up for the lack of real jobs available to
> us!

Good luck to you two. It is not an easy job (not like romantic stories want
to make us believe).

Thomas