POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Woven Cloth Texture : Re: Woven Cloth Texture Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:29:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Woven Cloth Texture
From: Captain Jack
Date: 11 Feb 2010 15:34:27
Message: <4b7469d3@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4b72093ee292c410cba3fb0f0@news.povray.org...

> In case anyone's interested, here's a handy woven cloth texture. To add
> color,
> you can add another texture to the averaged texture_map near the end. I
> hope
> someone finds this usefull!

I tried adding a little turbulence the texture pattern, rendering once in
gray and again with a colored pattern, then imported the gray as a height
field and the pattern as the color, and made a pretty neat shape. I made
real gaps in the shape with the water level. I think you could do a pretty
good picnic basket or some such by UV mapping this output as a displacement
map, too.

Bravo, I like this. :-)

--
Jack