POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Mysteries of Radiosity : Re: The Mysteries of Radiosity Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Mysteries of Radiosity
From: clipka
Date: 11 Feb 2010 03:42:18
Message: <4b73c2ea$1@news.povray.org>
Reactor schrieb:

> I remember that scene when someone was trying to figure out how to make it work
> (i.e. complete before their great-great-grandchildren are born) in MCPov.

That was me I guess :-)

 > I did
> get it working, but it wasn't the whole scene, just the doors and walls.  The
> answer had to do portals and making sure that the container sphere wasn't too
> large.  After that, it started to converge reasonably quickly (instead of the
> wait 20 minutes, see single bright pixel appear, wait 20 more, see it
> disappear).

Yes, I recall someone giving it a try also (the scene didn't feature the
child back then) - but IIRC that person "cheated" by having the door
open much wider...

I'm also using a POV-Ray 3.7 beta feature for the child's clothing
(diffuse backside illumination), so MCPov is no longer an option anyway.

 > Anyway, isn't that bleed through more of an error bound and reuse
> of samples issue as opposed to depth?

If I had the slightest idea what kind of error it is, I'd be a good deal
happier :-)