POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Mysteries of Radiosity : The Mysteries of Radiosity Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:14:02 EDT (-0400)
  The Mysteries of Radiosity
From: clipka
Date: 10 Feb 2010 20:58:14
Message: <4b736436@news.povray.org>
Radiosity still bears its mysteries, even to me - must be some magic in
there...

*This* is what I'd call a lighting challenge... quite pathological case,
I must confess: The door is almost closed, leaving no direct path of
light to the adjacent room whatsoever. Unfortunately, the high radiosity
recursion depth makes the light not only "seep" through the gap, but
also through the walls.

Well, I thought I'd share it anyway. It's a lot better already than
earlier experiments with the setting.

Render time: Days. Something around 48 hours I guess.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'the_secret.png' (860 KB)

Preview of image 'the_secret.png'