POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Nostalgic Lego : Re: Nostalgic Lego Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nostalgic Lego
From: Ive
Date: 10 Feb 2010 11:04:37
Message: <4b72d915$1@news.povray.org>
On 10.02.2010 00:07, clipka wrote:
> Absolutely great.

Thank you!

> But aren't the transparent parts wrong? AFAIK the transparent parts of
> that time had "inner pins" just like the non-transparent ones.

The 'glass' tiles I did play with looked like the rendered ones (without
inner pins) and they did not hold very well together. AFAIR the ones
with pins did come later.

> I also think you got the axle blocks wrong, IIRC the holes were a good
> deal lower (but I might be mistaken about that).

You might be right. I have no actual reference and the axle bricks are
just modeled from memory.

> The rounding of the corners seems too strong to me (it's perfectly right
> for the knobs though).

I still have exactly one old 2x4 red brick (the one I used as reference)
and its corners are indeed a bit more rounded than those of later and
contemporary bricks.

> For the perfect finishing touch, try randomly rotating the 1x1 pieces
> ever so slightly. You'll never ever get them perfectly straight in RL ;-)

I'm already cheating a bit as I never had black wheels (but AFAIR they
did exist) nor did I have black 'window'-bricks, only white and red ones
and I even think they did not exist in any other color at that time ;)

-Ive