POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Voronoi cells : Re: Voronoi cells Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Voronoi cells
From: stbenge
Date: 2 Feb 2010 19:10:32
Message: <4b68bef8@news.povray.org>
DungBeatle wrote:
> Very cool!

Thanks!

> Tell me about the library? Is this the one?
>
> http://math.lbl.gov/voro++/

Yep, that's the one. The examples are easy to follow, and the library
should run with any C++ compiler since there are no dependencies apart
from the usual gang of includes.

I changed/added a few functions to extend its usefulness, such as
putting spaces between cells, object declarations for POV-Ray files, obj
output and volume culling. If I were a better programmer, I could make a
complete 3D editor based on this library, with Surface Evolver output.
But I'm not :/ I could probably get basic SE output now, but not with
the kind of structure I want. To do what I want requires careful
handling of vertices, edges, faces and bodies. Not an easy undertaking!