POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Nostalgic Lego : Re: Nostalgic Lego Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nostalgic Lego
From: Ive
Date: 26 Jan 2010 04:06:59
Message: <4b5eb0b3$1@news.povray.org>
On 25.01.2010 11:06, scott wrote:
> Great render - I remember those old wheels and tyres too, they had a
> metal axle that you pressed into a special 2x4 brick didn't they?

Exactly. At the time I played with them the wheels where always red and
the 'axle'-brick always white. The black wheels did come a view years
later so I'm a bit cheating.

> I preferred the technic wheels and axles that you actually connect to
> stuff :-)

Those had not been invented when I was playing with them ;)

> PS is that a dog peeing against a tree in the background?!

Well, I guess he does ;)
And this is one of the things I always liked about Lego and especially
about the old ones with the very limited amount of brick shapes. There
is a quite high level of abstraction involved but still you could build
everything and it is even recognizable.

-Ive