POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Autocad2POV : Re: Autocad2POV Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:36:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Autocad2POV
From: pan
Date: 25 Jan 2010 14:03:52
Message: <4b5deb18@news.povray.org>
"GrimDude" <gri### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote in message
| "pan" <pan### [at] syixcom> wrote:
| > "GrimDude" <gri### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote in message
| > | Cadman used to frequent these groups and he created Autocad2POV,
but
| > he seems to
| > | have fallen off the planet Earth. If anyone knows how to reach him
| > am trying
| > | to find a good copy of Autocad2POV version 4.0, which I had at one
| > point but
| > | hard drives never outlast our need for the files they hold (if you
| > know what I
| > | mean).
| > |
| > | Alternatively, if anyone has a backup of Autocad2pov 4.0, or even
3.0,
| > please
| > | let me know.
| > |

| > Yeah - none of Cadman's (his last name) web sites are pertinent or
exist
| > anymore.
| > No one (not even the Russians) have the file on the web.
| >
| > I've got a copy of 3.0.
| >
| > I'll try to attach it.
|
| Thank you Pan! Unfortunately, the file you posted appears to be
corrupted
| somehow.

Weird.

I see the attachment on the news server is 1.7 MB
The file I attached is 1.3 MB

I wonder what the extra .4 MB is? (and where it came from
I suspect something between me and povray.org decided to
rewrite the file.

The zip unzips and installs locally.

If you want I can email acad2pov.zip or autoCAD2POV.exe version 3
to you. Do you have a ftp site.
I'm on dial-up right now so I can't say it will be a speedy delivery.