POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Nostalgic Lego : Nostalgic Lego Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:29:35 EDT (-0400)
  Nostalgic Lego
From: Ive
Date: 24 Jan 2010 20:46:57
Message: <4b5cf811@news.povray.org>
While doing a bit of browsing within some stacks of old 3.5" disks I did
find some POV-Ray source files of mine I had completely forgotten about.
It seems they where made for POV-Ray 3.0 and I couldn't resist to update
them and make them work with 3.7 beta.

The POV-Ray Lego bricks itself are just the kind of basic bricks I did
play with when I was a child (so about 1966, I guess, before Lego did
start with all those fancy sets) and I guess the youngsters among you
will not remember this kind of simple wheels and axis parts, but this is
how they looked like ;)

And as I'm currently working on some camera lens distortion removal
filters I figured that I could use the same routines to also *add* some
lens distortion. This is 'just' post-processing and maybe it will find
its way into IC some day.

-Ive

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: