POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Unreached - WIP : Re: Unreached - WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:28:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unreached - WIP
From: Alain
Date: 18 Jan 2010 12:55:40
Message: <4b54a09c$1@news.povray.org>

> Statue from Daz by way of Wings3D,
> foreground terrain from Wings3D,
> background terrain is World Machine + pattern-generated heightfields +
> isosurfaces.
>
> I'm fairly happy with the image at this point, but I am tempted to add
> some further details, and I think the textures merit further work as
> well. Some swirling sand would be a nice touch, but I'm not sure at this
> point how to pull it off.
>
> I'd love to hear some feedback, critiques, and interpretations.
>
> -- Kirk

I don't think that you realy need added details. Here are some that I
can think of:

A mirage effect. Put a transparent plane with an ior less than 1, around
0.8 to 0.9 and a slight normal perturbation. Maybe some reflection like:
reflection{1, 0}

For a swirl, use some scattering media in a narrow container that
approximately follows the ground.
To be kept subtil.

Alain