POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Unreached - WIP : Re: Unreached - WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:30:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unreached - WIP
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Jan 2010 03:26:03
Message: <4b52c99b$1@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] tektonartcom> schreef in bericht
> Statue from Daz by way of Wings3D,
> foreground terrain from Wings3D,
> background terrain is World Machine + pattern-generated heightfields +
> isosurfaces.
>
> I'm fairly happy with the image at this point, but I am tempted to add
> some further details, and I think the textures merit further work as
> well.  Some swirling sand would be a nice touch, but I'm not sure at
> this point how to pull it off.
>
> I'd love to hear some feedback, critiques, and interpretations.

I love this scene. Congratulations indeed. Several years ago, I also made a
desert scene with leaning rocks but it was much cruder than yours. Excellent
idea to harmonize the statue with the rocks. The over bright lighting works
quite well to suggest the heat. The whole breezes a sense of fatality. Maybe
you could finetune a bit the texture of the statue, perhaps make it a bit
darker and/or duller. For swirling sand, you could try a media with a spiral
density map, a bit of warping, all within an inversed cone?

Thomas