POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chinese Lady : Re: Chinese Lady Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chinese Lady
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 16 Dec 2009 08:04:07
Message: <4b28dac7@news.povray.org>

> This is very interesting and it is indeed very helpful to just look at
> parts of the face instead of the whole. Great suggestion!

   In a related point, when creating an image, I usually get too accustomed
to my own creation, and don't really see how well I'm doing... reversing the
image horizontally helps there, as you see the image as if it were a new,
never seen image. I read somewhere that classic painters did it using a
mirror... Another trick I figured myself was to look at the image through a
cardboard tube (no, not a toilette paper one... that one is too wide! ;).

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org