POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chinese Lady : Re: Chinese Lady Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:32:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chinese Lady
From: Rick Gutleber
Date: 14 Dec 2009 09:51:45
Message: <4b265101@news.povray.org>
On 2009-12-13 15:34, TC wrote:
> Stunning picture. Great work of art.
>
> Don't take nemesis's post to heart - he tries to live up to his nickname ;-)
> I did not even notice anything wrong about the ear before he pointed it
> out - in fact I did not notice the ear at all because the picture is this
> perfect and lifelike. And IMO especially the eyes are captivating.
>
> All I can say is: WOW!

I think Nemesis' criticisms were spot-on.  The ear looked weird to me
too.  I think the strong light makes it look too washed out. And
although I didn't realize why, I also thought the eyes looked rather
lifeless.  I think her hair looks fine, though.

This is a fine piece of work and a real accomplishment, but it's not
perfect.  Don't let a little constructive criticism get you down.

The only criticism I have about the feather is that it doesn't seem to
go with the style of her outfit.  The shadow highlights the outline of
her face for what it's worth.

In any event this is a great picture.