POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chinese Lady : Chinese Lady Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Chinese Lady
From: Ive
Date: 13 Dec 2009 08:53:38
Message: <4b24f1e2@news.povray.org>
About once in a year I'm trying to improve my textures used for poser
people.

Here is my latest attempt: media based SSS and lot's of pigment_patterns
(for non uniform specularity and transparency), also the makeup is not a
pre-painted texture but created by various pigment_pattern maps that are
combined within POV-Ray and are made with the help of a friend of mine
who is makeup-artist at our local opera house.
It is really incredible what can be learned about real world things I
never have thought I would be interested in (like making a pro-blush) by
using POV-Ray.

I had hoped it would turn out better but at least it is different to the
effect seen by most professional renderer as most people seem to use the
same skin shader there that gives this overdone and waxy look.
And my last minute addition of this feather earring was a bad idea as it
throws a quite unfortunate shadow.

As for this image my attempt was again to go for this "Wong Kar-Way
movie look" I did add a transparent plane with a granite pattern in
front of the camera to simulate some film grain.

Criticism as usual quite welcome,
-Ive

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: