POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Journey to an Unknown Region [wip] : Re: Journey to an Unknown Region [wip 2] Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Journey to an Unknown Region [wip 2]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Dec 2009 03:07:50
Message: <4b20ac56@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht

> It's looking even better now. The rocks might need more variation in their
> sizes, perhaps with some squishing and stretching. Are they height_fields?
>
> Occasionally I think about new ways to populate a landscape with rocks.
> One of
> these days I'll have to try modeling a set of them in Blender, decimating
> the
> meshes to reduce the poly count. Now that I know an object pattern can be
> created from a mesh, I'll have to try giving the rocks a proximity
> pattern...

Thank you Sam. I am on the right track I believe. Still work to do though. I
only used one simple mesh rock here, but I shall increase that number to
three to get more variations that way, but as you said, more differential
scaling is also in order here.

Object patterns... hmm. I shall have to think about that too...

Thomas