POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Journey to an Unknown Region [wip] : Re: Journey to an Unknown Region [wip] Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Journey to an Unknown Region [wip]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Dec 2009 03:16:01
Message: <4b1e0b41$1@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> schreef in bericht
> Excellent landscape Thomas, like others have already pointed out I think
> the
> right side especially at the front needs to be a bit more rugged and the
> snow in
> the foreground looks like it has been painted onto the rocks. However, the
> snow
> in the middle/and distance is perfect. I don't think the clouds look quite
> realistic but then I find myself looking at the sky sometimes and thinking
> the
> same thing, kind of if I had rendered that sky I wouldn't think it was
> realistic
> so I am sure there have been clouds just like that somewhere..

Thanks, Sean. Yes the foreground is going to get most attention for
improvement. I had expected that of course knowing that I could not get away
with a correct foreground at this scale and with a height_field. I agree
about the sky, however I like it as it is now and I may do something about
it later. I think that the doubt comes from the fact that the clouds do not
seem to decrease in size towards the horizon. There is a size discrepancy
between them and the scene which I shall have to address sooner or later.

Thomas