POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Journey to an Unknown Region [wip] : Re: Journey to an Unknown Region [wip] Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Journey to an Unknown Region [wip]
From: TC
Date: 7 Dec 2009 19:14:00
Message: <4b1d9a48@news.povray.org>
> in the middle/and distance is perfect. I don't think the clouds look quite
> realistic but then I find myself looking at the sky sometimes and thinking
> the
> same thing, kind of if I had rendered that sky I wouldn't think it was
> realistic
> so I am sure there have been clouds just like that somewhere..

You are right here. There are things like deep purple sunsets and pink
sunrises or a sky-cloud combination on a somewhat rainy day in December that
will illuminate a single tree like somebody trained a giant spotlight on it.

Today I looked at ground-fog in a small forest glade, the fog filling the
glade completely and maybe three feet high, a soft breeze stirring the fog,
sending white tendrils skyward. It looked like a scene straight out of a
horror B-movie.

Nature can be unbelievably beautiful, in the truest sense of the word.

One of the most strange sights I ever saw was on a November morning more
than a decade past. In the night it was pretty warm for the season and water
evaporating from the lake must have created a ground fog. Then the
temperature dropped really quickly below zero and all trees near the lake
were covered in webs of glittering frost, while the ground (being able to
hold the warmth longer) was completely void of snow. The beauty lasted only
one half-hour...