POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Janus, 7th rock from Saturn : Janus, 7th rock from Saturn Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Janus, 7th rock from Saturn
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 6 Dec 2009 19:28:37
Message: <4b1c4c35@news.povray.org>
High!

The next moon... don't wonder about the reddish color, according to
Voyager images, Janus is in fact slightly red! I used CHSL2RGB() to
roughly match the albedo value given in the Wikipedia article...

But I still ask myself how to get rid of that ugly meridional seam seen
along the terminator... a problem I already encountered back in 1998
when I tried Polyray and its s_height_field feature!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '2009-12-07 janus, take 1.jpg' (13 KB)

Preview of image '2009-12-07 janus, take 1.jpg'
2009-12-07 janus, take 1.jpg