POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Probably I'm just in fact too stupid... : Re: Probably I'm just in fact too stupid... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:27:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Probably I'm just in fact too stupid...
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 26 Nov 2009 20:33:27
Message: <4b0f2c67$1@news.povray.org>
High!

Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>   Sorry, I did a poor reading, and for the images I assumed too quickly
> your
> problem was just the ultra-bright media... trying with your code on the
> last
> message, I see that using extinction 0 gives the effect you are looking
> for.
> But I still don't know very well why it doesn't works with the default,
> teorically realistic, value of 1.

Yes, it did - but only with the test scene, not with the Saturn scene!
With the latter, when using extinction 0, not even the ring shadow is
visible, let alone the rings, at extinction 0.1 I can at least see the
shadow, but still no rings...

The code? Too long and complicated to be posted here, I fear...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar