POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Probably I'm just in fact too stupid... : Re: Probably I'm just in fact too stupid... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Probably I'm just in fact too stupid...
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 26 Nov 2009 19:57:32
Message: <4b0f23fc$1@news.povray.org>
High!

Now as I got at least the planet's shadow on the unlit side of the rings
  correctly, I wonder how I could have different degrees of transparency
within the rings - like it is with the real Saturn. I tried adding a
second density, now with a density_map instead of a color_map - but the
only thing I observed were different colors, while the transparency
remained uniform across all ring bands.

What is the difference between a color_map and a density_map within a
density statement?

Could I achieve different transparencies by adding an absorption media
with its own density_map? What values of that density map would affect
transparency?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar