POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Probably I'm just in fact too stupid... : Re: Probably I'm just in fact too stupid... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:29:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Probably I'm just in fact too stupid...
From: Alain
Date: 26 Nov 2009 16:42:47
Message: <4b0ef657@news.povray.org>

> With me, it didn't work at all... still the unlit side is completely
> dark! And when I tried the same combination of scattering and absorption
> on the real Saturn scene, where the rings are about 11 units wide (then
> respectively 1/11 for scattering and absorption strength), the entire
> ring (when viewed upon from the lit side) remains invisible, although
> its shadow is visible on the planet's body!
>
> What a pathetic retarded oaf I am - I probably better should take to
> watching TV shows instead of overburdening my feeble chicken brain with
> such monstrous tasks like raytracing...
>
> "Life is like a chocolate box" (Forrest Gump)

You have TWO (2) medias. An emissive one and a scattering one.

You reduced the density of the emissive media that should not be used in
this case.
I realy don't know why you added that emissive media. I don't know why
you keep it as it's not needed at all.

You did NOT reduce the density of your scattering media, and that is
your problem.

Alain