POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Probably I'm just in fact too stupid... : Re: Probably I'm just in fact too stupid... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Probably I'm just in fact too stupid...
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 26 Nov 2009 15:49:19
Message: <4b0ee9cf@news.povray.org>
High!

Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
>   If you scale UP the container, you have to scale DOWN the media strength!
> Just try .05 instead 1338181 and you will see the effect... I just tried it
> and works.

With me, it didn't work at all... still the unlit side is completely
dark! And when I tried the same combination of scattering and absorption
on the real Saturn scene, where the rings are about 11 units wide (then
respectively 1/11 for scattering and absorption strength), the entire
ring (when viewed upon from the lit side) remains invisible, although
its shadow is visible on the planet's body!

What a pathetic retarded oaf I am - I probably better should take to
watching TV shows instead of overburdening my feeble chicken brain with
such monstrous tasks like raytracing...

"Life is like a chocolate box" (Forrest Gump)