POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blob experiment - 160kb JPEG : Re: Blob experiment - 160kb JPEG Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob experiment - 160kb JPEG
From: Alain
Date: 15 Nov 2009 16:43:30
Message: <4b007602$1@news.povray.org>

> Something I rustled up a few days ago.
>
> Anybody got any idea why only one of the three shadows to the left bottom of
> the blob stack is a colored shadow, while the other two are black? Trace
> levels?

It hard to tell due to the reflection in the same area. Try with a
non-reflective ground.

What is your max_trace_level? Any message about how many trace levels
where used? If you have something like 15/15, you may need to increase
max_trace_level.

I also see many specks everywhere, not just on the blobs. It suggest
that you do need a larger max_trace_level.

Alain