POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle Media - something strange! : Re: Crackle Media - something strange! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crackle Media - something strange!
From: "Jérôme M. Berger"
Date: 14 Nov 2009 12:40:19
Message: <4afeeb83$1@news.povray.org>

> High!
>
> Another experiment with emitting media, now trying out the crackle
> pattern... but the scene looks like the media covers the faces of the
> object (a box extending from <-5, -5, 0> to <5, 5, 20>, with the camera
> looking into it from <0, 0, -2>) like a texture rather than filling it!
> Is this a special feature of the crackle pattern? When I tried the same
> pattern with a sphere (see second picture), it appeared distorted like
> it was projected onto the sphere's surface!
>
> See you in www.khyberspace.de!
>
> Yadgar

	You will need insanely high samples for such an image to work. What
happens is that when POV samples the inside of the object it falls
most of the time on places where the density is 0, so it misses the
inside strands. I'd say you need at least 100 samples to get
something with your box, but be prepared to wait a looong time for
the render...

		Jerome
--
mailto:jeb### [at] freefr