POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glowing Buckyballs : Re: Glowing Buckyballs Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glowing Buckyballs
From: clipka
Date: 13 Nov 2009 06:43:01
Message: <4afd4645@news.povray.org>
CShake schrieb:

 > Even with
> 'always_sample off' I see in the message window that there is a line for
> the 'Final' radiosity pass that has just over half of the total samples
> taken, is this the actual final render pass or just the last radiosity
> pass before the final trace?

That is indeed the actual render pass. It is not uncommon for the actual
render to hit places where not a single sample is available despite all
effort; even the most exhaustive pretrace cannot guarantee a 100% coverage.

As a matter of fact, from my experience a 50:50 ratio between pretrace-
and final render samples is what I'd recommend to aim for, so your
pretrace settings are probably quite ok right now.