POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : how to integrate povray into Maya : Re: how to integrate povray into Maya Server Time
30 Apr 2024 06:34:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to integrate povray into Maya
From: nemesis
Date: 11 Nov 2009 15:16:03
Message: <4afb1b83$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez escreveu:
> nemesis wrote:
>> Nicolas Alvarez escreveu:
>>> Hmm interesting. If I make a GPL scene, and some modifies it and posts a
>>> rendered image of it, does it count as a "binary" of the scene, making
>>> him legally required to post corresponding source, or is it just the
>>> result of running the program?
>> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
>
> How informative, as if I hadn't read it :)
>
> A .pov is the source code, but is a rendered image "object code", or is it
> just the program's output?

(the final image, the Gimp, a book etc)

in a fashion requiring copyright permission, other than the making of an
exact copy.

the Program.

(my original image and another based on it are both covered works by the
license)

parties to make or receive copies.

work.

(the povray scene file.  The resulting image would be "object code" in
this case:  harder to modify, only with image manipulation software)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9