POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rainbow++ : Re: Rainbow++ Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rainbow++
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 6 Nov 2009 14:23:16
Message: <4af477a4@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:

> It could be a max_trace_level isue. Try adding 2 to it and use the glass
> pane.

I had max_trace_level set to 20 with no special value for photons,
as far as I understand photons should then also use 20. I tried 22
both in global and photon block but it didn't make any difference.

I attached two test renders, the version without pane shows a
bright line to the right of the rainbow. Also, it gives wildly
different photon statistics (count is set to 20.000, with the
water using 7 dispersion_samples).

// With window pane

Number of photons shot:           39761
Surface photons stored:          197605

// Without window pane

Number of photons shot:           31731
Surface photons stored:           64749

I noticed the bright line goes away if I change the light source
from "parallel" to a normal point light. The statistics remain
similar however.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rainbow_pane.png' (86 KB) Download 'rainbow_nopane.png' (87 KB)

Preview of image 'rainbow_pane.png'
rainbow_pane.png

Preview of image 'rainbow_nopane.png'
rainbow_nopane.png