POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why you may want gamma-correction : Re: Why is gamma-correction applied in povray, anyway? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is gamma-correction applied in povray, anyway?
From: TC
Date: 5 Nov 2009 13:34:42
Message: <4af31ac2$1@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> So, no, you don't need to "gamma correct" your monitor - that makes no
> sense at all.

Maybe. As I already posted in reply to clipka, my video card driver (Nvidia)
allows to do gamma correcting. And Adobe has some additonal gamma
correcting, too. And the graphics program of your choice wants to manage
monitor color, too.

Then there is colour temperature, which can be set on most monitors. How
does this relate to gamma?