POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : how to integrate povray into Maya : Re: how to integrate povray into Maya Server Time
30 Apr 2024 10:08:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to integrate povray into Maya
From: nemesis
Date: 5 Nov 2009 11:18:21
Message: <4af2facd@news.povray.org>
scott escreveu:
>> OK I fixed it.  The dark areas in the reflection are actually the sky,
>> not the floor!  So I put a white sky in there (instead of black) and
>> it looks exactly right now. (the dark area in the reflection *is* the
>> floor in the distance)
>
> OK maybe not totally fixed.  I got the lighter reflection bit ok, but
> now the dark areas around the caustics inside the rings are not as black
> as the original.  I give up!

LOL

good enough to me and I wonder about render time.

Yes, either it's too dark or too bright when playing with it.  I also
tried lots of postprocessing options, to no good.  Mentalray's
dielectric shader definetely has an edge here, though I wonder about its
physical plausibility since 2 physical-based renderers were put to try
to mimic it and could not.  Still, real or not, it looks damn good... :)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9