POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Over the fields (wip) : Re: Across the fields (wip) with 35mm camera macro Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Across the fields (wip) with 35mm camera macro
From: Ive
Date: 3 Nov 2009 04:48:01
Message: <4aeffc51@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Just a first, wild *shot*, and you can say what you want, but I like this
> impressionistic render :-)

Me too, and just as a side note: meanwhile I do always use focal blur
even when there is in fact no blurring visible at all (by using very
small aperture) because compared to high quality AA settings focal blur
gives better results in less time. Especially things like the wires in
your image will even with insane AA settings render with 'gaps' but with
fairly moderate FB settings they will show as thin lines as they should.

And for the (non-)parallel shadows. In the TC entry it looked to me like
the shadow lines are merging at a point approximately at the tree line,
and this seems too close and thus non-parallel shadows, but after
thinking about it this might be an illusion and the problem seems to be
(especially given the sun size) there should be no sharp shadows from
the tree tops at all. In this respect your wip 3 shot looks perfect to
me. But I did like the calm sky from your TC entry better than the more
dramatic one you did make with Terragen - but thats just me ;)

-Ive