POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : how to integrate povray into Maya : Re: how to integrate povray into Maya Server Time
20 May 2024 22:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to integrate povray into Maya
From: scott
Date: 30 Oct 2009 04:13:01
Message: <4aeaa00d@news.povray.org>
>> For me the hardest part is getting the lighting correct now, either the
>> torii are too bright or the floor is too dark in the reflections.  Using
>> Fresnel should give 100% reflection around the edges of the torii, so I
>> don't know why the floor is coming out so dark.
>
> Looks to me like you're not getting the right illumination on your floor,
> and that light intensity falls off drastically towards the horizon...?

Yeh, I'm struggling to replicate the lighting, I'm not sure how they manage
to get the main scene lit by that box-light (that you can see in the
reflection, and causing the caustics) but keep the plane well lit all the
way out.  I could hack together something to boost the lighting out there,
but it doesn't seem right.