POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : how to integrate povray into Maya : Re: how to integrate povray into Maya Server Time
14 May 2024 12:50:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to integrate povray into Maya
From: scott
Date: 29 Oct 2009 07:53:03
Message: <4ae9821f$1@news.povray.org>
> whoa!  So much friggin' better!  You truly nailed it, man!  Right colors
> and right smooth shadows and caustics!  Only one of the light box
> reflections in the blue torus is coming filtered red...
>
> did you drop the media inside the torii?  Post the changes, man!  if you
> feel like it, that is.  It's not GPL'd... :D

> Perhaps going from .5 to 1 in the fresnel block?  I think I go from 0 to 1
> as is?...

That's what I don't understand, Fresnel should determine the reflection %
based on the IOR and the angle, nothing else, I don't get what the other two
parameters do in this cae, or what I should set them to.  I just use
reflection{1 fresnel on} for now - I hope that is physically correct.

Note this version below is not exactly the one that gave that image (I've
had a tweak with it this morning to try and get the floor reflection to
appear brighter).  Anyway, here you go, for MCPOV:

#default { texture { pigment { color rgb 1 } finish { diffuse 1 ambient 0
montecarlo { mc_diffuse { 1 3 1 } } } } }

camera { angle 30 }

global_settings {
     max_trace_level 100
     adc_bailout 0.02
     assumed_gamma 1.0
     montecarlo{
      mc_dof { mc_focal_distance 6 mc_lens_radius 0.002 }
     }
}

// provide some ambient light...
sphere{ <0,0.5,0> 0.5
    pigment {
      gradient y
      color_map {
        [ 0.5  color rgb 0]
        [ 0.8 color rgb 0 ]
        [ 1.0  color rgb 1 ]
      }

     }

     finish{ambient 2 diffuse 0}

      translate <0,-0.5,0>
      scale 1000

  }

// background { rgb 0.0 }

#macro reflmat( fdcol )

texture {
pigment { color rgbt <0,0,0,1> }
finish {
    diffuse 0 ambient .0
    reflection{1 fresnel on}
    conserve_energy
   }
  }
  hollow
  interior { ior 1.5 fade_color fdcol fade_power 2 fade_distance 0.002}

  #end

// cena
union {
     // chao

     plane{ y 0
         pigment { rgb 1 } finish { ambient .0 diffuse .99 }

     }
     // as duas semi-roscas:  red (x) e blue (z)
     union {
         torus { 1.2,.16 reflmat( <0.15,0.45,1> ) rotate x*90
translate -y*.0 + x/3 }
         torus { 2,.2 reflmat(    <1,0.2,0.2> ) rotate x*90+y*90
translate -y*.4 }
         translate -y/2
     }

        #local P1 = <-1,0,-1>;
        #local P2 = < 1,0,-1>;
        #local P3 = < 1,0,1>;
        #local P4 = <-1,0,1>;

   union{
   triangle { P1,P2,P3
                montecarlo  {  mc_portal { 6 4 1 1 }  }
            }
      triangle { P1,P3,P4
                montecarlo  {  mc_portal { 6 4 1 1 }  }
            }

        #local d = 5;  // Used to tweak the position of the light
                 scale d
                 translate y*4*d
                 translate x*0.35*d
      pigment { rgb 1 }