POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : how to integrate povray into Maya : Re: how to integrate povray into Maya Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:09:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to integrate povray into Maya
From: scott
Date: 29 Oct 2009 03:27:52
Message: <4ae943f8@news.povray.org>
> So, I don't really think you're quite there yet if this render is any
> indication.  I'm not really concerned with the shadows or caustics, but
> with the fact that the blue glass behind comes up with almost the same
> color after passing through the red glass:

Is this one better?  I think the blue shows through better now (I used
colour picker in PSP to get the exact shade of red and blue from the
original image).

For me the hardest part is getting the lighting correct now, either the
torii are too bright or the floor is too dark in the reflections.  Using
Fresnel should give 100% reflection around the edges of the torii, so I
don't know why the floor is coming out so dark.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'image2.jpg' (106 KB)

Preview of image 'image2.jpg'