POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : how to integrate povray into Maya : Re: how to integrate povray into Maya Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:37:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to integrate povray into Maya
From: nemesis
Date: 28 Oct 2009 06:17:11
Message: <4ae81a27$1@news.povray.org>
scott escreveu:
> I think it's just a matter of tweaking the colours, filter/transmit
> parameters, reflection values, etc.

I gave up on that already.  Lost lots of hours tweaking lots of
disparate parameters.  At least there's not much of that with
physically-based renderers.

> I don't think that the Mental Ray shader is doing anything fundamentally
> different to POV or Luxrender.

Still, it seems to display some of the best glassware around.  If it
requires this much tweaking, I wonder why so many users seem to get it
relatively easily in their renders.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9