POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Life on the Rocks : Re: Life on the Rocks Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life on the Rocks
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Oct 2009 05:43:50
Message: <4ae81256$1@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] tektonartcom> schreef in bericht
> Samuel Benge wrote:
>> Nice, as usual ;)
>
> Thanks!
>
>> Are those roots I see down at the water line? Pretty cool. I
>> see what looks like iron-rich pockets in the stone. A major vacation in
>> the
>> cliff side also shows iron-like deposits on it's lip, possibly indicating
>> that a
>> ruddy pocket was worn away by weathering. Which looks rather convincing!
>>
> Well, I used the same functions to texture it as I did to create the
> isosurface, so it made it easy to make the crevices darker.  Still it
> doesn't quite look like rock to me yet--could use some more work.

I join my praize to Sam's here.

Maybe you are not entirely satisfied with the rock because this type of
weathering is expected on a smaller scale? I have seen this kind of
rocks/weathering in Southern France amongst others, but at a factor 10
smaller overall if not more.

Thomas