POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : how to integrate povray into Maya : Re: how to integrate povray into Maya Server Time
28 Apr 2024 21:07:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to integrate povray into Maya
From: scott
Date: 27 Oct 2009 03:41:38
Message: <4ae6a432@news.povray.org>
> Using MCPOV should make things better.

Hehe, overnight on MCPOV and it's getting there I think.  I changed the box
and area light for 2 triangular portals, but it looks like I got the
position slightly off as the caustic is a different shape.

I also tweaked the colours a bit to try and better match the original, I'm
also not sure if the black speckly bits are due to max trace being reached
or just not doing enough samples.

I'm pretty sure that with some time to tweak the scene and a weekend blast
on MCPOV you could get virtually the same result.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'image1.jpg' (91 KB)

Preview of image 'image1.jpg'