POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : how to integrate povray into Maya : Re: how to integrate povray into Maya Server Time
28 Apr 2024 17:43:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to integrate povray into Maya
From: scott
Date: 26 Oct 2009 04:57:34
Message: <4ae5647e@news.povray.org>
> I've tried very hard to emulate one of those renders in the past:
>
> http://i36.tinypic.com/i267wi.png
>
> not quite like it.  Perhaps I should use some more extreme settings and
> render times?  Colors are never that vivid and transparent!

You always struggle with POV in scenes like this because your scene is
effectively being lit twice, once from the ambient of the box (the "real"
lighting), and then again from some "fake" area light needed for the
photons.  It will of course be impossible to get the correct look with this
setup.

Using MCPOV should make things better.