POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Passing custom key presses to a POV scene? : Re: Passing custom key presses to a POV scene? Server Time
2 May 2024 22:01:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Passing custom key presses to a POV scene?
From: stbenge
Date: 18 Oct 2009 16:54:57
Message: <4adb80a1$1@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin wrote:

>> Now practise all three methods using cmd.exe before attempting
>> to spawn povray from your C++ application ;)
>
> I belatedly realized you have the problem only from your C++
> application. But the steps there should be identical. The easiest
> method is probably (C), a simple system("pvengine.exe") should
> work after the PATH variable has been set globally, and it
> does not require you to hardcode the path into your app.

But I would want something like this to work for everybody who downloads
my program. I wouldn't want them to have to set up environment variables
just for my program. With POV's default behavior of installing to
personal user directories these days, the whole issue just becomes more
tangled. I might be missing something though...