POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Jelly Trip Experience (HD) : Re: Jelly Trip Experience (HD) Server Time
17 May 2024 23:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jelly Trip Experience (HD)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 18 Oct 2009 09:48:26
Message: <4adb1caa$1@news.povray.org>
Charles C wrote:

> Cool. That's what I do too. Often my parse time is way longer than the render

I also had this problem recently when animating the galaxy data
from the 6df survey. I ended up hacking 3.7b to allow variables
which persist their values between individual renders. It wasn't
a clean solution (more like a designed memory leak) and would
require much additional work to make it a real feature (if
the pov team even wished to include such a feature).

But I'd be interested to hear if long parse times are a common
problem for animations, and if those parse times could be reduced
by reusing a variable, such as a large array or a complex CSG
object, from the previous frame.