POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Passing custom key presses to a POV scene? : Re: Passing custom key presses to a POV scene? Server Time
5 May 2024 09:31:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Passing custom key presses to a POV scene?
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 17 Oct 2009 07:19:31
Message: <4ad9a843$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:

> I'm having to use +kff1215752192, which should be enough time for
> solving the maze.

ah, I think you didn't mention before that you were running
povray in a continuous animation loop. Now I see how you are
trying to do it. I was assuming you executed povray once for
each new frame, in which case you could have used command
line parameter (but probably end up with a lot less fps).

In your case you indeed need a form of synchronization mechanism
and clipkas suggestion should work for that. If the time you need
to write to the inc file is significantly less than the time you
need to render one frame, you can simplify it to writing a marker
file "parse_finished" at the end of the scene, having the C++
program wait for the appearance of that file, write the inc
and remove the marker file.