POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : XRay Test : Re: XRay Test Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XRay Test
From: Chris B
Date: 17 Oct 2009 04:27:54
Message: <4ad9800a@news.povray.org>
"mone" <mon### [at] alienenterprisesde> wrote in message
> "Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
>
>> ..... It transitions to have progressively more transparency and a Blue
>> color for surfaces that are ...
>
> That does sound logical. However I wonder how you have figured out the
> correct
> values...

Just trial and error I'm afraid, so no secret tricks to share :o)

> ... I think the reason it didn't work at first was because I use to put
> the camera
> in the -z direction.

Ah yes! I usually do the same, but the skull model I'm doing is facing the
other way to be consistent with some stuff other people are developing.

I think both your images look very good. I suspect the variation with real
x-Ray photography can be quite large depending upon what the radiologist is
trying to highlight.

Regards,
Chris B.