POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ink diffusion rendering for suggestions. : Re: ink diffusion rendering for suggestions. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ink diffusion rendering for suggestions.
From: scott
Date: 16 Oct 2009 11:00:39
Message: <4ad88a97@news.povray.org>
> I am wondering if somebody can give me some suggestions on this or some
> other
> media parameter examples and resources.

I had a bit of a tinker with your code, and looked at those videos you
posted.

IMO the ink in those videos is a little unrealistic, as the under side of
the ink is too dark (it would be getting lit from the plane below the tank).
Or maybe I just can't figure out how to copy that effect in POV :-)

Anyway, I'm no expert, but the adjusted media block I came up is below.  I
also turned off photons and made the light a bit brighter.  (For test
renders you can reduce "samples" to 5 or so to speed up rendering)

Basically I got rid of the emission, and cranked up the scattering and
absorption.  I think it certainly looks more "3D" than before.

media {
                absorption 60*<1, 1, 1>
                intervals 1
                samples 20
                method 3
                scattering{ 4,<0.2,0.2,0.8>*50 }

                density{  density_file df3 densFileName
                              interpolate 2
                              scale <1,2,1>
                              translate <-0.5, -1.5, -0.5>
                    color_map {

                    [0.00 rgb 0.0] // density at the border of the media
                    [0.05 rgb 0.2]
                    [1.00 rgb 1.0] // densitiy at the center of the media*/
                               }

                             }
                   }

Post a reply to this message